To promote the open development, evolution, and use of the Internet for the benefit of all people throughout the world. To help achieve our mission, the Internet Society:
- Facilitates open development of standards, protocols, administration, and the technical infrastructure of the Internet.
- Supports education in developing countries specifically, and wherever the need exists.
- Promotes professional development and builds community to foster participation and leadership in areas important to the evolution of the Internet.
- Provides reliable information about the Internet.
- Provides forums for discussion of issues that affect Internet evolution, development and use in technical, commercial, societal, and other contexts.
- Fosters an environment for international cooperation, community, and a culture that enables self-governance to work.
- Serves as a focal point for cooperative efforts to promote the Internet as a positive tool to benefit all people throughout the world.
- Provides management and coordination for on-strategy initiatives and outreach efforts in humanitarian, educational, societal, and other contexts.
More information: https://www.internetsociety.org/